February 14, 2018 by Zuri
Hi folks! Sorry for the long hiatus, but hey, real life happens.
My health has been questionable as of late, and to keep myself off extra medications, I’ve switched to a predominantly vegan diet. This is in the hopes of keeping me off cholesterol medication, and a worsening case of lactose intolerance.
So recently I made a trip to Whole Foods with the goal of getting some cheese and not exceeding a budget of $30 (I went over by $5). I picked up some things I’ve wanted to try, some things that were on sale. Here’s the breakdown
- Butternut Squash Soup (box) – $3.39
- Chao “cheese” slices – $5.99
- 365 brand Sun Dried Tomatoes – $2.99
- Gelato (bought like a big dummy, it has dairy) – $3.49
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (small bottle) – $2.99
- Annie’s Vegan Mac n Cheese – $3.49
- 365 brand Artichoke Quarters – $2.99
- Annie’s Frozen Black Bean Enchiladas – $4.69
- 365 brand Unsweetened Shelf Stable Almond Milk – $1.99
- 2 Organic Pears **misrung as Peaches (how can you not tell Pears from Peaches??) so I got charged double – $3.23
I’ve also recently gone to Trader Joe’s, but I don’t have the breakdown from that trip.
I’ve tried the Chao “cheese” which was pretty good. I had it on a vegan burger and I enjoyed it. Also tried the Enchiladas, and while it was a little spicy, it was tasty. I’m looking forward to the tons of recipes I’ve collected on Pinterest, and testing out products that I pick up on sale. I feel more dedicated to these changes I’m making. Moreso than the last time I tried to go vegetarian. I also have more support this time. Hopefully this will be successful! Til next time.