January 1, 2014 by Zuri
Happy New Year, everyone! I started my new year on a pretty somber note, but I’m going to try and improve things from here. Some of my life changes (I hate the term “resolutions”, they always end up so… temporary) are going to be, in no particular order:
- Go Vegetarian. I’m really going to make the effort this time.
- Work out. I have a gym membership I might as well use the damned thing
- Maintain my GPA. I did well last semester, I can do well THIS semester too. Semester starts in one week.
- Learn how to cook. If I’m going to be vegetarian, I’ll need to cook my own food.
- Meditate more, and follow in the steps of the Buddha. Self-explanatory.
Oh, and an update about my Financial Aid: Apparently the whole “not making satisfactory academic progress” is a crock of bullshit. I have to maintain I think a 67% completion rate on my classes. I’m currently at a 58%, because… get this… they’re including the classes I *didn’t* complete back in 1991-1993. I was not in treatment, unmedicated and a total fuck-up back then – I should not have been in college at 17. But since they’re considering my transfer credits, they’re also considering my transfer withdrawals and incompletes too. Su-perb. They said as long as I continue to complete my classes and not withdraw from any of them I should be fine. Here’s to keeping my fingers crossed!